Finance the purchase of your home for as low as 2.49 %1!
Transfers from other institutions are eligible!
Contact an advisor
Mortgage at the Caisse Desjardins de Gatineau
THE COMPLETE HOME SOLUTION!
- Flexible mortgage financing
- Faster mortgage refund, without allowance2
- 4 months with no payments in case of unforeseen events2
- Generous loan insurance, including the cancer convention2
- Complete home insurance, including the all-risk home insurance2
- Free advices at home 7 days a week by the mobile mortgage sales force
1 5 in 1 rates on first year. Some conditions applies. Subject to change without notice.
2 Some conditions applies.
Choose a fixed or variable rate loan that matches your borrowing profile and financial situation.
- Are you unbothered by rate fluctuations and looking primarily to save money on interest?
- Or is interest rate and payment stability more important to you?
We offer many options to meet your needs.
Use the value of your property to diversify your mortgage or benefit from the net worth of your property to finance other projects.
- Home equity line of credit for owner-occupants of residential properties of 4 units or less
- Credit limit: minimum $25,000
- Interest rate: varies based on prime rate
- Payment schedule: daily, weekly or monthly
Hybrid mortgages allow you to diversify your loan in order to be able to:
- combine any kind of mortgage loan
- mitigate the effects of potential rate fluctuations
- repay your mortgage your own way
- control the risks of increased mortgage rates at maturity
- take into account the distinctive financial flexibility of your co-borrower
Sometimes buying a home includes costs you didn’t see coming or ended up being more than you budgeted for, like transfer taxes, property taxes or the cost of moving. Desjardins has an attractive solution to help you cover some of your start-up costs: a cash remittance.
Cash remittance solution for start-up costs
For help covering a portion of the costs, ask an advisor about our cash remittance solution for start-up costs when you’re granted a mortgage on a home[ 1 ]. You can get up to $10,000 towards start-up costs.
Your mortgage interest rate will be slightly increased[ 2 ] to reflect the amount of you need.
The cash remittance option:
- Gives you financial flexibility to cover your estimated start-up costs
- Is more economical than a personal loan, line of credit advance or credit card.
How to evaluate your start-up costs
Start-up costs usually amount to 3% to 5% of the value of the home. For a $240,000 property the costs will be between $7,000 and $12,000[ 3 ]. You must have this amount set aside in addition to your down payment.
1. For owner-occupants of residential buildings of 4 units or less.
2. Payments must be within the maximum allowed Gross Debt Service and Total Debt Service ratios.
3. In this case, the cash remittance solution for start-up costs could help you cover up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Useful if you have a Desjardins mortgage and this clause is already included on your deed of loan.
- Allows you to re-borrow money already paid on your mortgage to finance various projects.
Government program that makes buying a home easier.
- Withdraw up to $25,000 per borrower to finance the purchase of a home.
- Couples can withdraw up to $50,000.
- RRSP withdrawal is tax-free.
- 15 years to pay back the withdrawal amount, interest-free.
A comprehensive offer that includes rebates, discounts, great rates and much more.
- Access to a full range of mortgages at competitive rates
- Up to $2,000 cashback
- Discount on your Desjardins Insurance home insurance premium
- Your monthly plan free for 1 year
- Free Home Assistance when you take out Loan Insurance
- Donations to Ecohome when you use your Visa Desjardins card to pay for your purchases