FINANCE THE PURCHASE OF YOUR HOME FOR AS LOW AS 2.84%*!
Whether it’s to buy a new home, because you’re dreaming of a bigger or smaller house, or because your head is full of projects and you want to use the value of your home as leverage to carry out some of them or simply to reduce the interests of a debt, make the right decisions with guidance from an advisor at the Caisse de Gatineau.
Transfers from other institutions are eligible.
Contact an advisor at the Caisse de Gatineau now to make an appointment or to find out more about our mortgages.
CONTACT AN ADVISOR ABOUT MORTGAGES
Deeply rooted in the community for over 78 years, we have more than 52000 member-owners.
A competent team of considerate employees, committed leaders and attentive managers.
Our goal: to offer the best possible services and products tailored to your needs.
5 reasons to get a preapproved mortgage certificate
Considering buying a new home? A preapproved mortgage certificate can make house hunting a breeze and has several advantages:
Save time and effort
With a preapproved mortgage certificate, you’ll know for sure the price range of the houses you can shop for. That way, you’ll be able to focus only on the properties within your budget. A preapproved certificate will save you time that you otherwise might have wasted visiting homes that don’t fit your borrowing capacity.
Forecast your budget accurately
By knowing how much mortgage you can afford, you’ll be able to forecast your budget fairly accurately. It will give you a glimpse into your future financial situation. You could even stress-proof your budget against unforeseen expenses (flood, car repair, etc.) to see how they would affect your finances. By doing so, you’re minimizing the chances of your mortgage payments ever dragging you into a financial pit.
Shield yourself against interest rate hikes
With a preapproved mortgage certificate, you get a guaranteed mortgage rate for a given period. This means you’ll be temporarily shielded against potential interest rate hikes that may occur before the transaction with the homeowner/seller is concluded.
Get ahead of other buyers who also want to purchase the same home
Your first choice will undoubtedly be other buyers’ first pick, too. By having a preapproved mortgage certificate, you’ll have a leg up on them. This will show the homeowner/seller that you’re a serious buyer because your offer to purchase won’t include a financing condition.
Get great advice to help you plan for your purchase
Meet with an advisor from Caisse de Gatineau to get valuable advice. Your advisor will tell you about other expenses to expect when buying a property, and help you prepare for this milestone. Your advisor at Caisse de Gatineau will be one of your key allies in the home buying process.
Choose a fixed or variable rate loan that matches your borrowing profile and financial situation.
- Are you unbothered by rate fluctuations and looking primarily to save money on interest?
- Or are interest rates and payment stability more important to you?
We offer many options to meet your needs.
Use the value of your property to diversify your mortgage or benefit from the net worth of your property to finance other projects.
- Home equity line of credit for owner-occupants of residential properties of 4 units or less
- Credit limit: minimum $25,000
- Interest rate: varies based on prime rate
- Payment schedule: daily, weekly or monthly
Hybrid mortgages allow you to diversify your loan in order to be able to:
- combine any kind of mortgage loan
- mitigate the effects of potential rate fluctuations
- repay your mortgage your own way
- control the risks of increased mortgage rates at maturity
- take into account the distinctive financial flexibility of your co-borrower
Sometimes buying a home includes costs you didn’t see coming or ended up being more than you budgeted for, like transfer taxes, property taxes or the cost of moving. Desjardins has an attractive solution to help you cover some of your start-up costs: a cash remittance.
Cash remittance solution for start-up costs
For help covering a portion of the costs, ask an advisor about our cash remittance solution for start-up costs when you’re granted a mortgage on a home[ 1 ]. You can get up to $10,000 towards start-up costs.
Your mortgage interest rate will be slightly increased[ 2 ] to reflect the amount of you need.
The cash remittance option:
- Gives you financial flexibility to cover your estimated start-up costs
- Is more economical than a personal loan, line of credit advance or credit card.
How to evaluate your start-up costs
Start-up costs usually amount to 3% to 5% of the value of the home. For a $240,000 property the costs will be between $7,000 and $12,000[ 3 ]. You must have this amount set aside in addition to your down payment.
1. For owner-occupants of residential buildings of 4 units or less.
2. Payments must be within the maximum allowed Gross Debt Service and Total Debt Service ratios.
3. In this case, the cash remittance solution for start-up costs could help you cover up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Useful if you have a Desjardins mortgage and this clause is already included on your deed of loan.
- Allows you to re-borrow money already paid on your mortgage to finance various projects.
Government program that makes buying a home easier.
- Withdraw up to $25,000 per borrower to finance the purchase of a home.
- Couples can withdraw up to $50,000.
- RRSP withdrawal is tax-free.
- 15 years to pay back the withdrawal amount, interest-free.
A comprehensive offer that includes rebates, discounts, great rates and much more.
- Access to a full range of mortgages at competitive rates
- Up to $2,000 cashback
- Discount on your Desjardins Insurance home insurance premium
- Your monthly plan free for 1 year
- Free Home Assistance when you take out Loan Insurance
- Donations to Ecohome when you use your Visa Desjardins card to pay for your purchases
* For the closed fixed mortgage product, 60-month term. Certain conditions apply. Mortgage of $200,000 or more. The rate can be changed without notice.