Various basic chequing accounts for your daily transactions
- With cheque-writing privileges
- Interest-bearing or non-interest bearing
- With or without fees according to monthly minimum balance maintained in account
A variety of accounts for saving for the short-term, reaching a goal or setting money aside for a major investment
- No cheque-writing privileges
- Various ways available to build capital
- Desjardins Savings-Life Insurance available
You must have a Desjardins chequing account to open a savings account.
Youth and student accounts
Student STRATEGIC account (university level)
Chequing account for full-time university students.
- Fees: none
- Interest rate: contact an advisor at a caisse
Youth Profit account
Build-Up Savings Account for youth age 12 to 21 and full-time college, CEGEP and vocational students age 22 to 25. Use it for your regular transactions or to save money at a better interest rate.
- Interest rate: 0.05% to 0.10% (based on balance maintained)
- Fees: free unlimited regular transactions for members under age 18
Project Savings Plus
Investment for 12- to 30-year-olds
- 100% guaranteed
- 0.85% interest rate
- 12-month term
U.S. dollar account
Perfect for people who travel or reside for extended periods in the United States
- Account type: interest-bearing chequing account
- Fees: none if minimum monthly balance of $1,000 is maintained (otherwise standard transaction fees apply)
- Interest rate: contact a caisse advisor for interest rate information
Services and fees may vary from one caisse to another. Contact your caisse for further details.
Some tips on reducing your fees:
- Choose one of our transaction plans.
- Consolidate your accounts.
- Sign up for AccèsD.
- Use Desjardins ATMs.
- Automate your bill payments.
- Use direct payment.
- Sign up for direct deposit and overdraft transfer.
- Choose automatic transfers.
- Get a Visa * Desjardins credit card.
Our transaction plans reduce the service charges on your Personal Chequing Account or Build-Up Savings Account. To find the best account and plan for you, use the Select a plan feature on AccèsD Internet and mobile, which recommends the most economical plan based on your transaction history. You can also use the function to select a different plan or change your current plan on your own.
With both online and mobile AccèsD Internet, you can:
- pay your bills
- view your account balances
- make money transfers
- and more
…from anywhere, at any time[ 1 ]
Use AccèsD Telephone to:
- manage your personal finances
- make regular transactions
- get Desjardins products and services
- manage your user file
Use a Touch-Tone™ telephone to make your transactions any time, from your home or office.
Use an ATM to:
- make transactions with your Desjardins Access Card
- get cash advances from your Desjardins credit card
At a Desjardins caisse you can:
- make regular transactions in person with the help of an advisor
- make transactions with our convenient inter-Caisses service